CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT, PART-TIME
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Business Manager is responsible for managing matters related to accounting, banking, and
finance tasks; including, payroll and payroll tax, and personnel regulations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Maintains general ledger and all financial records.
- Maintains internal controls regarding check-writing and bank deposit reviews.
- Reconciles all bank deposit and loan accounts.
- Posts activity for payroll.
- Prepares monthly internal reports including financial and payroll reports for employees.
- Balances general ledger each month.
- Reconciles therapy income to general ledger on monthly basis.
- Prepares or oversees periodic reports required by IRS and other government agencies and annual year-end employee payroll reports (W2s) and vendor reports.
- Assists with vendor contract reviews as required.
- Assists with Front Office duties as needed, including interfacing with clients and answering phone calls.
- Assists Development Coordinator with maintaining donor database and recording contributions.
- Prepares and mails annual tax-related information to donors.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Develops and maintains desktop procedures to ensure standardization and consistency during absences.
- Provides support for all PPCC fundraising events.
- Explores cost-saving opportunities to improve efficiency and financial integrity of Center.
- Performs other duties as required.
Internal – Provide Executive Director with financial status as requested.
External – Work with Finance Chair and Board Finance Committee as needed to coordinate the record keeping and reporting of funds including annual budget. Work with contracted CPA for review and preparation of financial report and tax return.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Business/Accounting degree preferred
- Strong leadership, management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to deal effectively with the public, staff, and Board in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handling of sensitive client and donor information in compliance with applicable regulations