We are currently seeking licensed therapists, full-time or part-time, and a part-time business manager. Below are the job descriptions. If you are interested in any of these positions, please send your resume to: Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, 707 Gum Rock Court, Newport News, VA 23606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A staff therapist provides individual, couple, and/or family counseling. He or she participates as a clinical staff team member, shares in staffing and case conferences, performs necessary administrative tasks, and participates in Center community relations while still enjoying flexibility and control over their schedule. A staff therapist is considered an employee of Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, not a 1099 independent contractor. For this reason, a staff therapist may be eligible for benefits such as health insurance, a professional expense account, and ACPE certified training in Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy. As an employee of Peninsula Pastoral Counseling Center, the payroll, social security, state taxes, and local taxes of a staff therapist are covered by the Center, which results in more compensation for the employee.
- Provide the number of agreed upon billable clinical hours
- Maintain clinical records in keeping with Center policies and procedures
- Work with the administrative staff to set and collect appropriate fees from clients who do not have insurance or need financial aid from our Client Assistance Fund
- Represent the standards and practices of their primary professional fields
- Complete ACPE Certification process in Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy.
Clinical Staff Participation
- Work cooperatively with staff colleagues, consultants, and referring professionals
- Actively participate in weekly clinical case conferences
- Attend administrative staff meetings, staff retreats, and other team building activities
- Provide on-call therapist coverage at least once-a-quarter
Center Administration and Community Relations
- Participate in the development of the Center’s referral network
- Perform administrative tasks as needed
- Support the Center’s programs of education, consultation, and community relations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduation with a master’s or doctor’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or equivalent from a college or university accredited by CACREP, APA, or CSWE.
- Clinical training and experience, validated by licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Active participation in a congregation with a letter of support from the faith community or ordination with endorsement by the ordaining religious body.
- Ability to integrate the resources of faith and of behavioral science with integrity in a practice of spiritually integrated psychotherapy
- Affirming diversity and willing to help clients deal with spiritual issues utilizing religious and/or spiritual resources within the client’s own belief system
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT, PART-TIME
REPORTS TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Business Manager is responsible for managing matters related to accounting, banking, and
finance tasks; including, payroll and payroll tax, and personnel regulations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handles accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Maintains general ledger and all financial records.
- Maintains internal controls regarding check-writing and bank deposit reviews.
- Reconciles all bank deposit and loan accounts.
- Posts activity for payroll.
- Prepares monthly internal reports including financial and payroll reports for employees.
- Balances general ledger each month.
- Reconciles therapy income to general ledger on monthly basis.
- Prepares or oversees periodic reports required by IRS and other government agencies and annual year-end employee payroll reports (W2s) and vendor reports.
- Assists with vendor contract reviews as required.
- Assists with Front Office duties as needed, including interfacing with clients and answering phone calls.
- Assists Development Coordinator with maintaining donor database and recording contributions.
- Prepares and mails annual tax-related information to donors.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Develops and maintains desktop procedures to ensure standardization and consistency during absences.
- Provides support for all PPCC fundraising events.
- Explores cost-saving opportunities to improve efficiency and financial integrity of Center.
- Performs other duties as required.
Internal – Provide Executive Director with financial status as requested.
External – Work with Finance Chair and Board Finance Committee as needed to coordinate the record keeping and reporting of funds including annual budget. Work with contracted CPA for review and preparation of financial report and tax return.
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Business/Accounting degree preferred
- Strong leadership, management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to deal effectively with the public, staff, and Board in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handling of sensitive client and donor information in compliance with applicable regulations